Fall hits and all I want for dinner is soup. Every and any kind of soup. Today I offer you to make absolutely gorgeous creamy chicken rice soup. It is one pot, easy to make soup that you will be craving during the entire cold season.
I really couldn’t get over how much I love this. It will definitely be added to our dinner rotation and it was a soup my husband enjoyed (It is sometimes difficult to make :D).
However you make it – if you like chicken and cheese – I think this one may be the soup No.1 for cold season.
Lets get to the soup recipe that I made to share with you today!
yield: 6 serves | prep time: 10 min | cook time: 25 min
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 portions of concentrated chicken broth (I used Knorr Buljonete)
- 500 ml water
- 130 g white rice
- 1 cup of frozen baby carrots
- ½ paprika
- 1 clove of garlic
- ¼ tbsp. pepper
- ¼ tbsp. chili paprika powder
- ¼ tbsp. red paprika powder
- ¼ tbsp. curry powder
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp. chopped dill
- 2 tbsp. chopped green onions
- 90 g cream cheese
- Put chicken breasts, rice, concentrated chicken broth in to the boiling water and cook it about 10 min. After 10 min take out chicken breasts and slice it in to the small pieces;
- Add baby carrots, sliced paprika and crusched garlic in to the bowl with chicken broth. Reduce heat and continue to cook for 10 minutes;
- Add cooked, sliced chicken breasts, seasoning. Continue to cook for 5 minutes, or until rice are fully ready;
- Remove from heat;
- Add cream cheese and mix it well;
- Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly;
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve.
P.S. For a better taste take a peace of your favorite bread (toast it or not).