Banana bread is so simple to make and requires just a few ingredients so this is why every beginner can feel safe. I can guarantee that you will get a perfect moist dessert with little effort every time.
There are many variations of banana bread but I have found this one to be the perfect for me and my family. If you added one or a few game-changing ingredients, for example chocolate, dried berries or nuts – you would shift from potentially boring to a memorable pastry. I believe it might end up as your favorite sweet recipe when you need something urgently.
By the way – you need very ripe bananas (that are about to go bad). This will make your banana bread moist and sweet.
So let’s start
yield: 8 – 10 servings | prep time: 25 min | baking time: 55 min
- 3 to 4 bananas (very ripe ones)
- 2 large eggs
- 100 g unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 80 g sugar
- 150 g all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 100 g dark chocolate
- handful of hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180° Grease baking pan with butter or cooking spray.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and smooth. Add eggs and crushed bananas. Mix it all until smooth.
- In a small bowl mix baking soda, all-purpose flour, dark chocolate and nuts. Add to banana mixture all at once, stir until dried ingredients are well incorporated. Pour the mixture into the baking pan.
- Bake for about 45 – 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool it for about 1 hour (be patient, I know it is hard).